Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Little Birdies....

These birds are much cuter than they look in the photo, they have contrasting fabric on their breasts, and they are quite addictive to make.

A friend forwarded the pattern from this website. The birds on the Spool website use much brighter and cuter fabric - we have lots of upholstry fabric scraps, so that's what we used. I will say that it is practically impossible to get a crisp beak using upholstry fabric! Nevertheless they were very cute as part of our Thanksgiving decorating.

Anyway, my daughter was so taken with these birds that she wanted to learn how to hand sew so she could make some for Christmas presents. I am just thrilled by this emerging interest in arts and crafts in my daughter! Our next project will be felted snowballs for the babies on our street.

2 comments:

1st Lady said...

What fantastic birds, and their silhouettes must look great from a distance too!

Elise said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

I also share your passion for books. I can never leave a bookstore empty handed and since having children I am always buying them books.

Elise